Zoom Login and Support
Zoom is a web collaboration tool available to all Anderson University students, faculty, and staff. Standard Zoom meetings can support up to 50 participants. Large Zoom meetings can support up to 300 participants. Zoom provides high-quality audio and video, intuitive sharing and co-annotation tools, breakout rooms, whiteboarding tools, the ability to easily add content to a meeting on the fly, and the ability to download meeting recordings as MP4 files.
5 Tips for Zoom Security
1. The most important aspect of a secure Zoom meeting is ensuring you are the host (meeting owner). Without host privileges, you have no control over the meeting.
2. Zoom has added a new security tab to the Zoom client. Please be sure to update to the latest version of Zoom and familiarize yourself with the in-meeting security controls.
3. The most secure method to host a session with your students is to add Zoom to your Canvas course through the method shown in this video: https://media.andersonuniversity.edu/Watch/k7G8HxBs
4. In the event you need to host a session with combined classes or you are hosting a live event or webinar, please either password protect the meeting, enable a waiting room, or only allow authenticated users to join. Information on how to do this for your account can be found here: https://media.andersonuniversity.edu/Watch/b6SRq4o2
5. Sharing Zoom links (even if encrypted) in public places such as social accounts or websites is never recommended.
For additional tips, please see Zoom’s official page for increasing meeting security: https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Securing%20Your%20Zoom%20Meetings.pdf